Sunday, April 26, 2009

I had such a fun time Saturday morning with my younger son. We went to a town wide tag sale in the next town over. We got up early and headed out to the elementary school to pick up our map. You need to understand that we live a bit in the "boonies" and I don't know my way around this town. Often times my GPS can't even find a satellite! So, with a wish and a prayer, off we went. I tried to follow the map but I'm not too good with maps so we decided to just follow tag sale signs. When all was said and done, I think we hit about 15 sales. We both found a few goodies and enjoyed each others company. I'd say it was a successful trip.
This piece is in disparate need of a few coats of paint which is right up my alley. I love the shape of it and the pretty lines and carvings.


This was white and got a few coats of light pink. Just in time for our home and garden sale in a few weeks.


I LOVE vintage china and consider the day worthwhile when I find a few pretty pieces. I just listed them on my site.
Thanks for visiting ...

15 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and some gorgeous finds, I love that fitst piece, wow!! Your china is divine too!! Have a super evening!
♥ Teresa

Susie said...

Hi Jennifer! Wow! That is what I call a good day in paradise! Brava!
I want to see that first piece when you finish it. It is beautiful!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Carolyn Kocman said...

wow, jen...you got a lot of treasures. i absolutely LOVE that desk. can't wait to see it done. post a pic.

carolyn
www.theoddsparrow.com

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Jennifer,
It sounds like you had such a fun day. Great finds too. Thanks so much for sharing.
hugs,
Carrie

Patricia said...

So nice to hear you had a fun day with your son. You sure found some nice pieces. That, hmmm what is it?, a desk, credenza whatever it is will be so pretty after you work your magic. Can't wait to see the after pictures.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com
pmorello@citlink.net

gail said...

Hi Jennifer,,, what a treasure hunt! I love that desk. I just know you will make it gorgeous! The china is very pretty also. I am glad to hear you and your son had such a great day :)
gail

Unknown said...

Jennifer, Good job girl! You always find the best things and I'm sure your son will impress all the girls when he get older and knows how to score the best pieces too. Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Carolee Crafts said...

What a wonderful day, sourcing treasures to improve, love the desk and cannot wait to see the finished article.

Kimberly said...

That first piece is my favorite!

Marie said...

Hi Jennifer,
Looks like you had a great day. I can't wait to see what you do to that desk. the plates are so pretty.
Marie

blushing rose said...

Gorgeous furniture find ... love the personality it has, & now to wait to see the painted touch.

Good shopping day for you ~ glad you all had such a good time.
TTFN ~ Marydon
PS Did you register for the giveaway we are having yet?

Carol said...

Jennifer, what fun you must have had. I'm a bit green. I can't wait to see what you do with that furniture piece.

Hugs,
Carol
www.businessinthebag.com

Stephenie said...

What BEAUTIFUL finds...I can't even pick a favorite because I just love everything...
Love the china..
STephenie

Unknown said...

Wow Jennifer what fabulous finds! Wish I could have been there! lol So glad to know that you had fun with your son. I have to say that I love that desk. I can just imagine you painting it white and transforming it. It is already a great piece. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week,
XO

Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Jennifer I can hardly wait to see what you do with that dressing table? Is that what it is? Love the shape of it!
shell