Thursday, April 9, 2009



x
Please join us on April 10th
Pink Friday ... For the Birds

Spring is here, and you don't even need to look outside your kitchen window or open your front door to know it. Just waking up to the sweet melody of a backyard robin cheerily singing outside your window is enough to tell you that life is renewed and spring is reborn. The birds of spring have returned and the earth reawakens.


No matter where we live, or what the season, avian accessories create eternal springtime in our homes too. Birds and their nests placed carefully upon our shelves, painted delicately on a wall, stitched on a delicate needlepoint. Perhaps we invite into our homes the same birds we see each spring.


Parrot green, robin's egg blue, bright canary yellow, flamingo pink. A rainbow of color unfurls inside and out of our homes in the hopes of eternal spring.


http://www.cottageflair.com/catalog.htm?category=65


http://www.makeminepink.com/pink-friday/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too enjoy being serenaded by the robin's song. We have many outside my window near my work area and I can tell you on more than one occasion i've drifted my toward them & away from my work. But, it's all very worth it. The cardinals and blue jays also visit us. Heavenly I tell you, heavenly.

HAPPY EASTER to you and yours.

Marilyn said...

I would love to buy or make a birds nest, but have no clue... I would love a suggestion, if you have one :) Marilyn xoxo

Marilyn said...

Thanx so much for the info. I had my grandkids making them yesterday, was a fun project but nothing that will hold up..lol. Have a lovely Easter break. Marilyn