Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cleaning out

I take a ride just about every Wednesday to my favorite junk spot with the hopes of filling my car. I then come home and load it all into my studio and storage space and pull pieces out all week to work on. The problem is that often things keep getting pushed aside and never end up being painted. As often happens in January, I get an attack of needing to clean. So that's what I did ... I cleaned up my studio (it really does look better ) and pulled out all of the forgotten pieces.

This beautiful dining table and five matching chairs needs a new paint job and new seats. I spent yesterday doing minor repairs and priming. I'm not sure what fabric to put on the seats yet but I'll be thinking about it as I paint ...

These frames have been piling up ( I have another pile too ) so I cleaned them up, will get them primed and remirrored and then off to the shop.

This lovely buffet has been hiding under stuff that I had just piled on the top. It's a great piece ...

I found this sweet little stool under the dining table ... I can't wait to give it a new paint job and pretty floral fabric ...

Here are a few more mirrors and frames I found ...

This vanity stool, already painted, has been moved from room to room waiting for a new cushion. I recovered the original seat with new batting and new fabric.

Here's a little hint: when you have a defect and don't feel like using wood fill ... add a pretty trim to hide the holes (see it peeking out from under the vintage trim?). Plus, the trim adds a lovely touch of detail ...

Well, it's Wednesday so I'm off ... my car may have to stay loaded until I move these pieces out but at least there will be room for my new treasures!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your projects! I hope to see your table and chairs when you're don.! I put off painting because I hate to sand! ♥

Anonymous said...

What a great collection to work on!! You have some real potential of some beautiful pieces... Can't wait until you post the finished pieces!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

I can't wait to see the table and chairs finished. Love the frames too!

Elyse said...

wow! you are living the dream! how fun.

xo
elyse

claire said...

Great projects. I'm giving you a sunshine blog award. just pop along to my blog to collect it
Claire
x

Kathy said...

Oh, another lady with my theory - everything could use a coat or two of white paint! Your refurbished pieces are fabulous!
xoxo...Kathy

GardenOfDaisies said...

OH what beautiful pieces!!!

stefanie said...

What a great junk spot you have!!!! I am loving it all!!!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

just found your comment on Holly-Girls at heart! love your blog :)

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

I love seeing your work and your new pieces. Love the new polka dot pink chair!

Pei Li

kanishk said...

I put off painting because I hate to sand

Work from home India

Caroline said...

What great pieces you have...I was almost drooling the whole time!! The table is going to look beautiful when its done...I love the detail in it...and the little sideboard. Exactly what my MIL has been looking for...we only see the bigger ones around here. I can't wait to see what other treasures are sitting in your car!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Oh my, I love your junk! Your favorite junk spot is a treasure trove! Love the details on the table.