Saturday, August 9, 2008


I've Been Tagged by Michelle of The Raspberry Rabbits so here goes ...
1. I love shoes, all kinds of shoes. I especially love high heels but have no business wearing them (I really can't walk in them too well). The more funky and outrageous, the more I love them. I posted earlier this week about a pair I ordered in NY: they are leopard skin with a peacock feather flower on the toe with a rhinestone pin in the center. I can't wait for them to arrive!! Come Fall I am in cowboy boots. It's not really the thing here in shoreline CT but I just love them.

2. I became an entrepreneur at the age of 8. I used to set up at local crafts fairs with my goodies, my specialty at the time was paper weights: round rocks from Watch Hill, RI decoupaged with pictures of flowers and animals. One of my all time favorite Christmas gifts was a sewing machine when I was 9. So much cooler than a bike. I still sew now but my passion is painting furniture.

3. I don't love to travel, I'm more of a homebody. I go to places I'm comfortable with like NY or Atlanta. Otherwise, it takes a bit to get me somewhere but once I'm there, I'm happy I went.
4. I love where I am in my life right now. I just turned 42, which I thought would be hard but wasn't. I have two wonderful boys, 9 & 12, and a great husband. I have several businesses that I truly enjoy: Flair... a handbag and accessory home party business I have with one of my best friends, Cottage Flair (my website) and The Nosey Goose, the shop I have with my Mother where I sell my furniture. Life really does seem to come into perspective as you get older.

5. I HATE to cook! I am not good at it at all and I see it as an intrusion into my day.

6. I am terrible at keeping in touch with my friends. Thankfully, they all understand and call me.

7. I spend way too much time on my computer!!! but it's so much fun reading blogs and searching for stuff.
Now I am tagging:
Karla and Kristi of Polka Dot Rose
Sister's Gift Company
Cathy of Treasured Heirlooms
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose
Michelle of Rose Petals and Blooms
2chic4shabby

16 comments:

cathy said...

Wow, you have a lot of businesses. I don't know how you keep up with them all! Interesting post!

Lisa McDonald said...

Jennifer

I feel the same way about cooking! The only time I really enjoy it is at the holidays.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Cottage Collections said...

I am so with you on the cooking thing! I didn't quite know the word for what I was feeling but it IS an intrusion! My DH was just telling me last night he's far surpassed me in cooking. I just rolled my eyes at him. Like this bothers me?? If he insists on eating.. well he's need to cook!
It sounds like you're busy but happy with all you do Jennifer.

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Jennifer,

Oh wow, it's interesting that you love high heels and collect them. Would love to see your new pair of heels.

Pei Li

Cathy said...

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, they are mostly vintage.

Thank you so much for tagging me Jenn. I'm afraid since I've been tagged close to 10 times or more in the past year, I just don't know what to write down. But I want to let you know how much I appreciate your thinking of me sweet pea.

xo Cath

Inka Smith said...

Hi Jennifer,
You sound like you have it together girl. Way to go.
Inka

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Jennifer that was so fun to read about you. Your gonna love my stuff next week. It's all about shoes! Thanks for your purchase. I know you will love them.
Hugs,
Michelle

Patricia said...

Wow! Busy lady. I think it's so funny about the high heels. I can appreciate other people wearing them, but for me, I am definitely a Birkie girl or sneakers.

Pat

Laura said...

LOL Michelle you are so cute! And I have to say that you sound so much like me! I loooove heels to death! lol I hate to cook and I am also a homebody! lol And my, my I'm so impressed that you became an entrepreneur and the age of 8? wow!! And I am a New Yorker at heart since I grew up there. See so we are alot alike..lol
Loved reading the 7 things about you. Have a great week!
XXOO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Unknown said...

Jennifer two things I have to say I'm sorry for. One is that I called you Michelle by accident and second my daughters blog came up when I posted instead of mine! LOL Oh my not good. My face is red...
XXOO
Janet

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Jennifer, you are one busy lady! It was fun reading about you. I too have a love of shoes! Have a wonderful week!
Carrie

Lilli Blue said...

I love shoes too. I am 6 feet tall but still wear heels. What size are you? Lilli

Silena said...

Hi Jennifer, it is so much fun to get to know everyone a little bit better which is what happens when they are tagged. I've been tagged, so I will be revealing soon, too! I would love to see a pic of your new shoes, they sound so very exotic...wish I could still wear high heels...but at my age, its comfort that counts!!

Carolee Crafts said...

You keep yourself busy.
Loved reading about you.

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Jennifer...WOW! very pretty things..your ARE busy....thank you for sharing and stopping by too!

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Jennifer,
So much fun and what a great way to get to know you better. I just realized that I got tagged by you, I need to think about what to post…….You are a very busy girl, but women can multitask right ;0)
Have a great week!
Helene
www.sistersgiftcompany.com