Monday, August 4, 2008


Show and Tell Monday ...
I have two things to show today .... the first is the piece of furniture I had pictured on a post a few weeks ago. I picked this beauty up at an estate sale. I painted and distressed it and it's off to the shop today. I just love the feet and the details at the bottom!


















My business partner and I spent the day in NY yesterday at Accessories The Show. She and I have had a home party business called Flair, for six years. We started our business two years before the home party thing became so common but we are still going strong. We sell handbags, jewelry, wallets, scarves, belts and any other fabulous things we can find. We had a very successful shopping trip yesterday. I wish I had more photos of the wonderful accessories we found. The cute red bag below called the envirosac, an eco friendly bag. It is made of nylon and comes rolled up to take anywhere with you ... grocery store, beach, etc. We bought loads of trendy jewelry, metals are very in. We also found great jewels in deep colors, reds, green, purples. I love the patent leather bags below, the inside is lined in animal print. And yes, animal prints are STILL in after all of these years. The perks to this business are that we often find cool stuff for ourselves. I bought two gorgeous pairs of mules for me ... one is leopard print with peacock feathers on the front with a jewel in the center. The other is black and white gingham with a huge rosette in the same fabric on the toe. I so wish I had a photo of those!!! Thanks for visiting ...
















16 comments:

Lisa McDonald said...

Jennifer

I just love that table, it is awesome. Joyce is going to love that piece.

You do fantastic work.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com
www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Jennifer,

You have a great eye to catch a beauty in a second. The furniture looks so beautiful! I'm sure it will be snatched up soon!

Pei Li

kath@retromantic antiques said...

It all looks amazing. The table is very cute. Love it in white of course. The accessory business sounds like it would be lots of fun and the shoes....good thing I am not there I would wrestle you for the peacock feather one.LOL k

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Great table and accessories Jennifer!

Patricia said...

Wish I could be at one of these shows one of these days! So much to see, so many treasures out there. The cabinet came out nicely,

Anonymous said...

Love the rework..and the info on the show!
Susan *dutchrose*

Marie said...

You did a great job on that piece of funiture. Sounds like that accessories show was lots of fun.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Looks fabulous...and the show sounds like fun too. I love going to Atlanta but it can really be tiring.

(())

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love that piece. It's so pretty! Cool name for your home party business. You have some great items and you will have to take pictures of the goodies you got for yourself.
Hugs,
Michelle

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Jennifer, you always have the most beautiful furniture. I just love seeing what you have each week.
Carrie

Inka Smith said...

Wow Jennifer,
I like those perks. Congrats on the home parties still going strong.
Inka

Carolyn Kocman said...

cool stuff, jennifer. thanks for sharing.

Silena said...

Hi Jennifer,
Love, love, love the white cabinet. You do such lovely work and I am sure that it will be treasured by the one who purchases it! Accesories parties...ooh that sounds like fun, fun, fun! Thanks for a great post!!

cathy said...

That night table would look great by my bed. LOL. So sweet! Love the purses too.

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer!

What a fabulous piece of furniture! I also noticed the legs and the pretty details. I would have grabbed that one quick too. And I love the handbags as well. Great Show and Tell Jennifer!
xxoo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Jennifer,
Better late then never…..the shabby cabinet looks great! Good to hear that you had a successful day in NY @ the show. I went to the LA show a couple of weeks ago and was a little bit disappointed. A lot of the longtime vendors do not show in LA anymore, the place to be is Las Vegas and the attendance was very low, quite scary actually!! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Helene
www.sistersgiftcompany.com