Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fabric Crazy

So ... I went a little fabric crazy last week. I had gotten an order of wonderful aprons in fabrics designed by Tanya Whelan. I thought I'd spend a few minutes on line locating some of the fabric for myself. WELL ... it was ALL so gorgeous I ended up ordering all of these beautiful prints from two different websites. They happened to arrive on the same day. I put the two piles together and here they still sit, on my counter. They are so pretty to look at that I can't bring myself to put them away nevermind cut them up to make pillows!! Oh what to do?

Now for my next confession ... after what was supposed to be a few minutes one day that turned into hours over several days ... I had a great time searching Tanya Whelan's lines of all of the fabrics she has designed. I have now set up an account to order the bolts wholesale. I have looked and looked at all of the patterns and I think I have it narrowed down to 11 or 12 prints I am going to order. I guess once they arrive I will have to make myself actually use them and maybe even offer the fabrics for sale. Only time will tell!!

Thanks for visiting ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... What a great bunch of retro style fabrics!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Tanya Whalen is one of my favorites. I could look at fabric swatches forever!

Sometimes I even have a hard time cutting a piece. I know it's crazy but true.

Shabby Shan said...

Hi Jennifer,
What beautiful fabrics you found! I especially love the polka dots! I think I would have a hard time cutting them too!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Elyse said...

i love tanya whelan's fabrics, especially the darla collection. so fun and cheery!

she has a blog, too, right?

xo
elyse

Nancy said...

Those are Gorgeous!! If you do decide to sell fabric Jennifer please let me know!! I think selling a few fabrics online is a great idea! We sell ribbon & lace don't we?
Huggs, Nancy

gail said...

Hi Jennifer. I love the Tanya Whelan fabrics too. I know exactly what you mean and how easy it is to get lost in time searching fabrics. I adore them! I cant wait to see what you ordered and make:)
Happy Creating, Gail