Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Brimfield Antique Show

I spent the day in Brimfield, Ma yesterday at the antique show. It is always so much fun!! I wish I could spend the week there. I came home with some great stuff (or at least I think so!). It's funny how sometimes when you get home and unload the car, you realize you had kind of a theme going and you didn't even realize it. I guess I was in the creating mood yesterday ...
We found an awesome booth full of architectural salvage. Above are chippy paint large molding pieces. I think I am going to make hook racks or paint signs on them, or both.
These are two chippy paint, neat looking boards for signs.
Cute, small shutters. I'll use them as backdrops for displays and maybe one for an appointment card holder.
How cool are these? Metal door pieces. What to do? Not sure yet but I couldn't pass them up.
This is an old tin ceiling panel made into a frame. They are made by two guys who have a huge booth full of them. We sell these along with their wood salvage frames at our shop. (I'm keeping this one!)
What are these? I have no idea but I had to have them. They'll find a use someday.
I only bought one pretty piece of china. I usually buy tons but I didn't really find any great pieces.
Three vintage pieces ... fabric & tablecloths
Love this (and keeping it). A vintage spread with a pink ruffle. With a good wash and iron it will be beautiful!
I found some great buttons!
This is only half of one of the bags of buttons. Great variety. I bought the pretty silver dish yesterday too.
Vintage velvet, satin and seam binding.
A whole bag of vintage ribbons and bindings.
Great hat covered in perfect soft velvet flowers.
I LOVE this hat. It is bright pink with green velvet ribbon and covered in bright pink & white flowers.
View from the top.
Lastly, these are not vintage but some velvets I just got in. They will be available on my site later in the week. They are 3/8" wide in straight or ric rac and come in 3 yd. pieces wrapped on an antiqued tag.
Thanks for visiting. ...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My... Oh My.... You got some VERY enviable "stuff"!!
Great Haul.....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

debi said...

Well, you've got me oooohing and aaaahing. Beautiful finds!

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Beautiful finds! I think I hear that piece of china calling my name! LOL Love all of it! ~ Teresa

Made In The South said...

Looks like you found some great finds. Love the little shutters. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful findings~ I love the ribbon and lace~ but I really love the chippy shabby headers~ lucky you~S

gail said...

Hi Jenniefer. Wow I love everything... especially all of the trims and sweet hat! I am glad you had a successful treasure hunt. Happy creating...gail

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Wowwww ~ I want to go there soooo badly !
Those are wonderful things !
xoxo
Lori

Elyse said...

ooh - i am swooning over the ric-rac on the vintage tag!

brimfield must be so nice right now. when i went in the summer it was fun but hot! was nifty thrifty dry goods there? her booth is amazing.

great post!

xo

dellgirl said...

What a beautiful blog, your photos are amazing. I love them all. I came over from Robyn's blog.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

OOOH, AAAH. I'm jealous. plain and simple. I love all your treasures. I think the mystery items were part of a lamp or chandelier at one time.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

OMG!!! I looooooooooove all that architectural salvage!!!! I wish I could have gone. What fun!
Did you see Rachel Ashwell there?
bunny hugs,
shell