Monday, September 14, 2009

Hand painted furniture


Yesterday afternoon I worked on sanding & washing some furniture. I also painted a few pieces. At the end of the day I put everything away and just had to take a photo. I think I'm turning into a bit of a pack rat or maybe I'm nesting ... with Winter looming ahead I always try to stock pile furniture so I have enough to get through the season. Well, as you can see, I'm busting at the seams. And the scary part is, I'll still be out this week buying more!!!


I'm in the process of redoing this chair. I love fabrics and am always thrilled to find a neat looking piece that could use some paint and new fabric.

I work on an "assembly line" as I paint ... sand a bunch of pieces, paint them, distress them ... These are all works in progress waiting to be distressed.



LOVE this piece ... a server with a built in shelf and drop leaves on both sides. It has a huge drawer with neat detail and great hardware.

Finally ... a little decorating tip. Everyone is using unusual pieces in unusual places ... I bought this window grate to "decorate" my fireplace during the Spring & Summer. Unfortunately, it kind of got lost in there and I didn't like the way it looked so to plan B ... I hung it outside next to my navy blue back door. I think it works.
Thanks for visiting ...

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Jennifer,
You go girl! I would love to visit your shop someday. Thanks for sharing your process, I always thought that you did one piece at a time as you found it. But I can see you are much bigger that! Just love it!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

Carolee Crafts said...

Love the look of all your finds and cannot wait to see the finished items.

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Hi Jennifer! Wow! You are a busy gal! Looks like you have some beautiful pieces in the works! Thanks so much for sharing! ~ Teresa

Lisa McDonald said...

Jennifer

Thanks for the peek into your world. I love it! That server with the shelf is awesome.

Lisa

debi said...

You've got some beautiful pieces there. I LOVE that server...gorgeous! And that blue window grate is just the cutest thing!

gail said...

Hi Jennifer.. Wow you will be busy all winter long! I always love what you do. I cant wait to see some of these pieces finished. I love the old vanity dressers!
(How do you move around in there?) lol
Happy painting,, (()) gail

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Jennifer,
I just love all your pieces. Wow! you are stocked. Isn't it funny how we can't stop buying the things we love. I have enough paper to last years but still keep buying. Have a great week!

Carrie

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Jennifer,

I always enjoyed visiting your blog. Thank you for showing us the work in progress photos! It's so amazing to see how you work. I like the assembly line idea, you have a neat wonderful process. I think it's a good strategy to stock up on the furniture too!

Have a great week!

Pei Li

Susie said...

Hi Jennifer! Okay, I want that server! Very nice! It's on my wish list. The chair will be fantastic once reovered too. Nice show and tell.
Susie, The Polka Dot Rose

10 Minute Crafter said...

Hi Jennifer!
Thanks so much for coming by my blog & leaving a sweet comment, I appreciate it! You have a wonderful blog here, I'm now following it : )

Sheryn

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love your pretty pieces of furniture! Especially the one you pointed out that you love also. Has such pretty curves and embellishments to the wood.
Brenda

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Please, please, please come to NC and paint my dining room set. Oh... and bring that pretty chair with ya! hee,hee,hee.
bunny hugs,
shell