Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shabby Chic Chair

This was a week of finishing up projects ... the last step in the assembly line. I showed some photos a few weeks ago of pieces I was working on. The chair above was brown with a very ugly seat. It got a whole new look with paint & fabric.

I just love this piece. If I had room for it in my house, I would keep it! It is a very unusual server with the top attached shelf and drop leaves. The huge drawer is great storage. I painted and distressed it for that great shabby chic look. It will be listed on my site but as pick up only or blanket shipped.


I showed this chair a few weeks ago too. It actually started out wood color. I cleaned it up, pulled off the old trim and primed it.

I then painted and distressed it and tacked on the new fabric.



It was finished off with a pretty pink trim to hide the edges and add a lovely detail.




Thanks for visiting ...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Holly! Wow, what a unique piece of furniture! Great job! ♥

Elyse said...

GASP
GASP
GASP

i am in full-swoon over the first chair. actually, everything! beautiful, beautiful work.

xo

Anonymous said...

WOW-WEE!! Your chairs are 2die4!! Beautiful!!
Have a Peaceful Sunday...
Love,
Marilyn

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Waaaaaaaaaa, snibble, snibble, sniff, sniff. I want that server!!!! Wish I had room too! Dag Jennifer it's fabulous!
bunny hugs,
shell

Lisa McDonald said...

Love both chairs and that server needs to be at my house!

Lisa

gail said...

Hi Jennifer,,, I love, love, love those chairs. They are just gorgeous. I hope the get snatched up real soon! The serving hutch is just stunning too! I hope you have a wonderful week... Happy creating.. gail

debi said...

I LOVE that cabinet! It's gorgeous!

And those chairs...excuse me, I'm drooling. I LOVE the fabrics you used...they're to die for! You did a beautiful job on everything!

Amore Artisan Boutique said...

OMG I wish I loved closer so I could come and look and fell the furniture I would love to have that piece in my house! Wonderful pics thanks for sharing - hugs sassy gail

Carolee Crafts said...

This chair is so pretty, love the fabric you chose and I agree with you the server is gorgeous, well done you and thank you for sharing

Susie said...

Hi Jennifer. Okay, it's real easy. Just put them all in a truck and come on to my house. That's all!
B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!
Susie, The Polka Dot Rose

Nancy said...

Hi Jennifer,
I Love those chairs!! Wish I lived closer to you!!
Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

blushing rose said...

G'morn ~ Wow! Jennifer. What lovely pieces & recreations. I love them. You know how to bring beauty forth.

TY for your sweet wishes on my birthday. That Sherry is something else again.

Have a beautiful week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Kath' said...

Wow I wish I had you here at my house for a few weeks. I have so many projects like that waiting for me to get done. Thanks for the share. It might get me motivated to get started on mine. lol
Kath'

Unknown said...

I have to stay away from you site.. I just want to buy it all. Or send you all of my furniture and have to redo it for me! I want to be you... Tedi www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Excellent work my dear!!!! The chairs really are beautiful.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

You did a fantastic job on the chairs and the server! All pieces look awesome now! Julia :-)